- "Start Video" will record for approximately 90 Seconds*
- An answered button press will record for approximately 45 seconds*
- An answered motion sensor initiated call will record for approximately 1 minute*
*If a call goes beyond the above times the SkyBell will go back into a "Ready Mode", video will freeze and an error message of "Communication with your SkyBell was lost. Please try again in a moment." If you'd like to initiate a new connection with your porch you can now touch "Watch Live".
The videos that accumulate under the green "Watch Live" button are videos that have been recorded by your SkyBell. These videos will record whenever the SkyBell is triggered in any way:
- If someone presses the button, and you answer the notification - That video interaction will be stored.
- If someone presses the button, and you don't answer the notification- the SkyBell HD will store a clip of video so that you can see what you missed at the door at a later time.
- If motion is detected by the SkyBell and you answer the notification- That video interaction will be stored.
- If motion is detected by the SkyBell and you don''t answer the notification- the SkyBell HD will store a clip of whatever set off the motion detector, for later viewing.
- If you start a live video, by simply clicking "watch live", the SkyBell app will store that video clip for later viewing as well.
These videos are all accurately time-stamped, so that you can see exactly when it was that the recording of the video took place.
You can delete these recordings manually, by sliding each listed video from right to left. A red "delete" bar will appear to the right of the video, and if you tap it, the video will be deleted.
You can save these videos by clicking the downward-pointing arrow that is located next to the video listed. Doing so will request a download of the video, and save it to your Phone's normal photo/video gallery.
SkyBell devices will store the videos for seven (7) days. Make sure you "save" any video's that you want to keep long term.